Xarelto Extensive Bleeding Lawsuit Helpline
Get An Xarelto Bleeding Lawyer
Xarelto Complication Lawyers Filing Lawsuits
Did you take Xarelto or Pradaxa and develop uncontrolled bleeding or another serious complication?
Call the Pradaxa and Xarelto Lawsuit Helpline and speak to a Geriatric medical social worker and a Pradaxa lawyer today. One of the most dangerous side effects for those taking Xarelto or Pradaxa is uncontrollable bleeding. Our Pradaxa and Xarelto lawyers understand that you trusted your physician when they prescribed Pradaxa or Xarelto. It was meant to protect your loved one from a stroke or other cardiac problem. But, the manufacturers of Pradaxa were not upfront about the lack of an antidote for their product and it’s potential dangers. Call us and speak to an experienced dangerous drug lawyer. Our Pradaxa and Xarelto lawyers have decades of experience.
Pradaxa Lawsuit Update
All Pradaxa lawsuits have been consolidated in the Pradaxa MDL No. 2385, in the U.S. District Court, Southern District of Illinois. A Pradaxa status conference is set for 10/08/2013 before Chief Judge David R. Herndon. The Bellwether trial criteria for extensive bleeding lawsuits have been set.
What is Pradaxa?
Pradaxa is an anticoagulant used to prevent stroke in Cardiac patients. A stroke is caused by a blood clot that dislodges and ends up in the brain blocking blood flow. Pradaxa® (dabigatran etexilate mesylate) capsules is a prescription blood-thinning medicine used to reduce the risk of stroke and blood clots in people with atrial fibrillation not caused by a heart valve problem. Pradaxa has no anitidote. With other anticoagulants Vitamin K injections can be given to force the blood to clot in an emergency or episode of extensive bleeding. This cannot be done with Pradaxa. Pradaxa has no antidote. If a person who is using Pradaxa requires unexpected surgery, from a fall for instance, the physician treating the patient may have a far more difficult time stopping serious bleeding, because the patient’s blood is unable to clot.
What Is Xarelto?
Xarelto (rivaroxoaban) is an anticoagulant developed by Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen Pharmaceuticals subsidiary and Bayer Health Care.
Xarelto has been prescribed to reduce the risk of stroke, deep vein thrombosis (DVT), pulmonary embolism (PE) and blood clots. injuries. It is prescribed to people with non-valvular atrial fibrillation and following knee and hip replacement surgery to prevent blood clots.
Both Pradaxa and Xarelto Can Cause Excessive Internal Bleeding and a Brain Hemorrhage
What is a Brain Hemorrhage?
A brain hemorrhage is caused by an artery in the brain bursting and causing localized bleeding in the surrounding area. Extensive bleeding is fatal. Pradaxa causes extensive bleeding. Class action lawyers are accepting cases for brain bleeds from patients taking Pradaxa.
What Happens During a Brain Hemorrhage?
When blood from trauma irritates brain tissues, it causes a brain bleed. The pooled blood collects into a mass called a hematoma. These conditions increase pressure on nearby brain tissue, and that reduces vital blood flow and kills brain cells. This can be fatal.
Bleeding can occur inside the brain, between the brain and the membranes that cover it, between the layers of the brain’s covering or between the skull and the covering of the brain.
What Causes Bleeding in the Brain?
Xarelto And Our Senior Population
There are several risk factors and causes of brain hemorrhages. The most common include:
- Head trauma. Injury is the most common cause of bleeding in the brain for seniors
- High blood pressure. This condition can weaken blood vessel walls. Untreated high blood pressure is a major preventable cause of brain hemorrhages.
- Aneurysm. This is a weakening in a blood vessel wall that swells. It can burst and bleed into the brain.
- Blood vessel abnormalities. Weaknesses in the blood vessels in and around the brain.
- Amyloid angiopathy. This is an abnormality of the blood vessel walls that sometimes occurs with aging. It may cause many small, unnoticed bleeds before causing a large one.
- Blood or bleeding disorders. Hemophilia and sickle cell anemia can both contribute to decreased levels of blood platelets.
- Liver disease. This condition is associated with increased bleeding in general.
What Are the Symptoms of Brain Bleeding?
The symptoms of a brain hemorrhage can vary. They depend on the location of the bleeding, the severity of the bleeding, and the amount of tissue affected. Symptoms may develop suddenly or over time. They may progressively worsen or suddenly appear.
If you exhibit any of the following symptoms, you may have a brain hemorrhage. This is a life-threatening condition, and you should call 911 or go to an emergency room immediately. The symptoms include:
- a sudden severe headache
- seizures with no previous history of seizures
- weakness in an arm or leg
- nausea or vomiting
- decreased alertness; lethargy
- changes in vision
- tingling or numbness
- difficulty speaking or understanding speech
- difficulty swallowing
- difficulty writing or reading
- loss of fine motor skills, such as hand tremors
- loss of coordination
- loss of balance
- an abnormal sense of taste
- loss of consciousness
If you or a parent or grandparent is on Pradaxa you must be aware of the potential for brain bleeds.
General Symptoms of Pradaxa and Xarelto bleeding include:
- Unusual bruising or bleeding / hemorrhaging
- Pink or brown urine
- Red or black tarry stools
- Coughing up blood
- Vomiting that resembles blood or looks like coffee grounds
- Bleeding from the gums
- Frequent nosebleeds
- Joint pain or swelling
- Weakness and swelling of the arms, hands, feet, ankles or lower legs.
Dangers Of Xarelto
One of the dangerous side effects of Xarelto is uncontrolled bleeding.There is not antidote and the extensive bleeding can be fatal.
Xarelto can cause many types of bleeding
Bleeding from the rectum
Intestinal or abdominal bleeds
Bleeding in the brain which can be fatal
FDA And Xarelto
Jul 1, 2011 the FDA Approved Xarelto (rivaroxaban) to Prevent Deep Vein Thrombosis in Patients Undergoing Knee or Hip Replacement Surgery, In January 2014 the FDA issued a warning label change for Xarelto to include a risk of bleeding. Physicians were to promptly evaluate any signs or symptoms of blood loss and consider the need for blood replacement. A specific antidote for rivaroxaban/ Xarelto is not available.
Signs of excessive bleeding or potential complications from Xarelto include
Pradaxa and Xarelto Lawyers Filing Lawsuits For Pradaxa and Xarelto
- bleeding which can be serious, and sometimes lead to death, It may take longer for any bleeding to stop
- unexpected bleeding or bleeding that lasts a long time
- unusual bleeding from the gums
- frequent nose bleeds
- menstrual bleeding that is heavier than normal
- bleeding that is severe or you cannot control
- bruises that happen without a known cause or get larger
- bruising more easily
- coughing up blood or blood clots
- feeling dizzy or weak
- pink or brown urine
- red or black stools
- unexpected pain, swelling, or joint pain
- vomiting blood or vomit that looks like “coffee grounds”
- death from severe or excessive bleeding
- gastrointestinal bleeding
- stomach pain (ulcers, nausea, heartburn, bloating)
- kidney failure (kidney bleeding)
- hemorrhagic stroke cerebral hemorrhage
- heart attack
- brain hemorrhaging
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured by Pradaxa call the Pradaxa Lawyer Helpline today.
Pradaxa and Xarelto may lead to excessive bleeding and other complications that could cause severe injury or even be life threatening. If you or a loved one has taken Pradaxa and experienced complications contact Our Pradaxa Helpline today so that answer your questions and connect you with an Xarelto lawyer or Pradaxa Lawyer to discuss your potential Pradaxa or Xarelto Lawsuit.